International Conference on Eurasian Economies
10-12 July 2017 – Istanbul, TURKEY
Prof. Mükerrem Hiç doctoral studies support award
Prof. Mükerrem Hiç, who was the keynote speaker of the first conference in 2010, is remembered by doctoral studies awards given by his family, starting with the 2015 conference. The award consists of a monetary award given by his family and a plaque given by the conference committee.
Each year, the scientific committee chooses the best paper submitted to the conference by a Ph.D. candidate in the fields of macroeconomics, growth and development, monetary theory, finance, globalization or international trade. The paper must be authored by one or more Ph.D. candidates only.
This year, the following paper was chosen by the scientific committee for the award:
The Matter of Trade Survival
- Ph.D. candidate Erhan Pişkin (Akdeniz University, Turkey)
The award was given by Prof. Mükerrem Hiç's wife Prof. Süreyya Hiç in Istanbul on 10 July 2017 at the opening session with an introduction by Prof. Selahattin Sarı and Prof. Mükerrem Hiç's grandson Alpin Hiç Gencer.
Best paper award
The scientific committee awards also a best paper award.
This year, the following papers were chosen by the scientific committee to share the award:
Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Domestic Prices: Evidence from OECD Countries
- Prof. Dr. Harun Bal (Çukurova University, Turkey)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Demiral (Ömer Halisdemir University, Turkey)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Filiz Yetiz (Ömer Halisdemir University, Turkey)
The Econometric Analysis in the Sectorial Basis of Income and Price Effects on the Foreign Trade Deficits: The Case of Turkey
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Ş. Mustafa Ersungur (Atatürk University, Turkey)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Mehmet Barış Aslan (Bingöl University, Turkey)
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Ömer Doru (Şırnak University, Turkey)